Park Management Services
Parques Reunidos offers a wide array of services to park developers. We seek to advise our clients and partners on the design, development and construction phases of a park with the aim of signing a long-term management contract for the operation of the park.
We are one of the few operators with the skills to run parks profitably, and the only one with a proven ability to operate all types of parks — attraction, water, animal and other attractions, branded and non-branded — across different regions and at high margins. We have thus acquired an international competitive advantage in the industry thanks to our ability to operate parks under any brand, whilst maintaining the local qualities and traditions of said parks.
We provide credibility and offer investors and financial institutions great confidence that they will obtain the best possible return on their investments, by leveraging our expertise, recognition and prestige as a leading company in the leisure park industry.
Given the fact that developing greenfield projects – like those we have in the Middle East and in Asia-Pacific – has proven to be an increasing/growing trend, we believe that the management contracts model represents a growth opportunity for key/main/core assets.
Management contracts represent a great growth opportunity that can be proven through our four most recent projects: two parks in Dubai and two in Vietnam. We also expect that other on-going discussions regarding a number of business opportunities will become effective in the upcoming years.
- Preliminary Phase
- Procurement of rides and animal management
- Evaluation of the project and overall concept of the park
- Content of the park proposal
- Preparation of a Park Briefing and coordination of a tender process to select feasibility, design and cost estimating firms
- Selection of feasibility, design and cost estimating firms in conjunction with investor
- Coordination with the design firm to create a preliminary concept design
- Evaluation of IP to be used
- Presentation of final reports to developers with results of the feasibility study and proposal for the concept design
- Review of the schematic design of the park from an operational and safety perspective, including layout, list of attractions, services and parking, etc.
- Definition of park entrance facilities
- Definition of Back of House facilities
- Ride capacity analysis
- Definition of F&B and retail facilities
- List of equipment needed to open the park
- Consulting for final approval of the park design
- Review of the Business Plan
- Technical definition of the attractions and shows
- Pre-selection of attraction vendors
- Preparation of contract models
- Negotiation of ride contracts
- Supervision and control of the manufacturing process and delivery time
- Drafting of the operations manuals for the attractions
- Support on installation of the attractions
- Proposal for certification companies and supervision of certification processes
- Definition of the animal collection, including species and individual animals
- Sourcing of the animal collection from locations around the world, in conjunction with the owner
- Negotiations for and animal collection management on behalf of the owner (joint decision)
- Support on animal transportation on behalf of the owner (joint decision)
- Advice to the owner regarding the process of obtaining the necessary documentation and licenses in accordance with international rules and practices
- Support to owner in joining the main international animal associations
- Staffing plan for the park
- Coordination of the recruitment process for the park’s management team
- Training of the management team, with specific training at one of Parques Reunidos’ parks
- Support for the management team in negotiating contracts with suppliers of the goods and services needed to run the park
- Drafting of operational standards and full set of manuals and policies, in line with Parques Reunidos’ procedures
- Supervision of the Marketing and Sales Plan for the park opening
- Supervision of all work needed to open the park across every area and department
The park will then be integrated into the Parques Reunidos operational structure, and will be managed by Parques Reunidos with the same levels of quality, reporting, efficiency and control as any other park in our portfolio.
As such, the park will benefit from the Parques Reunidos Group’s purchasing power and business model, with access to the best practices of the Group in all areas and to the best prices in the market for its expenditure and investments.
We achieve the highest margins in the industry worldwide, as proven by the results we obtain through the management of our current portfolio across all segments, regions and types of parks.
Bollywood Parkstm Dubai
Typhoon Water Park
MOTIONGATE ™ Dubai occupies 1.9 million square feet in an area where it will be able to expand up to 4 million square feet. It will comprise four main areas, 27 rides (some of which will be multimedia), 3D simulators and 4D theatre, roller coasters, and a launch/drop tower, as well as rides for children. Due to local weather conditions, 21 of the 27 rides will be located in indoors, air-conditioned facilities.
The park’s theme revolves around Hollywood’s most memorable film franchises: DreamWorks Animation Studios, Columbia Pictures Studios, and Lionsgate. The visit begins at Studio Central, a replica of the executive offices of a working movie studio, which are set in the golden age of Hollywood’s glamour and the birth of the silver screen. From Studio Central, visitors will access the four other areas of the park: Columbia Pictures Studios, Smurf Village, Dreamworks, and Lionsgate, where they will experience movies like Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, Ghostbusters, or The Hunger Games.
Through an array of rides and attractions, a large number of restaurant and retail, and a variety of shows and entertainment events inspired by Hollywood productions, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai hopes to appeal to audiences from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), but to tourists, families, young people, couples, and thrill seekers.
(Source: Parques Reunidos and DXB Entertainment)
Bollywood Parkstm Dubai
Bollywood Parks™ Dubai is a first of its kind theme park showcasing the authentic Bollywood experience. Bollywood, the Hindi language film industry based in Mumbai, India is one of the largest centres of film production in the world. Opened in 2016 within the Dubai Parks and Resorts destination, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai covers 1.7 million square feet. Nine of its 16 attractions will be located indoors, in air-conditioned facilities.
Located just before the Dubai-Abu Dhabi border in the United Arab Emirates, the park will feature cinematic rides, thrilling attractions and entertaining live shows that bring to life the action, music, dance and drama of Bollywood.
Bollywood Parks™ Dubai will recreate the Bollywood experience through themed attractions and rides spread across five zones: Bollywood Boulevard, Mumbai Chowk, Rustic Ravine, Royal Plaza and Bollywood Film Studios. Visitors will experience bold action, colourful story-telling and captivating dance sequences inspired by nine popular films: Rock On!!, Don, Lagaan, Sholay, Dabangg, Mughal-e-Azam, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, RA.One and Krrish. Bollywood Parks™ Dubai’s flagship offering is the 850-seater Rajmahal Theatre that will be home to a Broadway-style, Bollywood -themed musical. During the day, the park will have up to 20 live shows across six stages: Rock On!!, Crossroads, Mumbai Express, Rangmanch, Stars on Steps and Cinema Circle.
The park will also offer six themed restaurants that capture India’s mouth-watering culinary offerings, and eight retail outlets stocking quintessential filmy fare.
(Source: Parques Reunidos and DXB Entertainment)
Dragon Park, along with Typhoon Park, conform the biggest leisure resort in Vietnam. They will offer a unique experience into a world of fun, adrenaline and adventure, allowing visitors to share these special moments with family and friends.
Dragon Park is the largest theme park in Southeast Asia with more than 30 state-of-the-arts rides.
With more than 23 ha. square and inspired by famous international parks, Dragon Park brings fascinating experience and moments through numerous attractions designed for all types of clients, from children, teenagers, and young people, to families and even grandparents.
The greatness in the park’s architecture and views underlines the story of the young boy and the Dragon, featuring events every weekend outside high season, impressive restaurants, fireworks, shows, etc.
Typhoon Water Park
Typhoon Park, along with Dragon Park, conform the biggest leisure resort in Vietnam. They will offer a unique experience into a world of fun, adrenaline and adventure, allowing visitors to share these special moments with family and friends.
Typhoon Park is a water park located in Ha Long City, in the province of QuangNinh, Vietnam. It scheduled to open in Q2 2017. Both are expected to receive more than 2 million visitors annually.
Parques Reunidos is already providing advisory services to the developers during the project development and pre-opening phases.
The Oceanogràfic of the City of Arts and Sciences of Valencia (Spain) is the largest aquarium in Europe and contains specimens from all of the world’s main marine ecosystems.
Each of the buildings of the Oceanogràfic is dedicated to one of the following aquatic environments: the Mediterranean, the Wetlands, Temperate and Tropical Seas, Oceans, the Antarctic, the Arctic, Islands and the Red Sea. It also has a Dolphinarium with 24 million liters of water and a depth of 10.5 meters.
The Oceanogràfic’s architecture and animal collection make it a world-class park. Parques Reunidos managed the Oceanogràfic successfully since its opening in 2003 until July 2015.
PARQUES REUNIDOS SERVICIOS CENTRALES S.A.
Paseo de la Castellana, 216. 16th floor
Phone: +34 91 526 97 00