ACQUISITION OF NEW PARKS WITH STRONG GROWTH POTENTIAL
Parques Reunidos is always on the lookout to acquire new assets to reinforce its position. Our key regions are Europe and the United States; although we have already expanded our activities into the Middle East and Australia, and we are considering other interesting areas of expansion for the upcoming years.
Parques Reunidos aims to continue generating value, strengthening, and diversifying its portfolio through bolt-on acquisitions. To achieve this objective, we apply our best practices that have helped position our Group as an industry consolidator in the regional leisure park sector.
We will consider opportunities across all types of parks, provided that could benefit from the application of said best practices in order to increase their margins bring them to the level of a comparable park within our portfolio.
Parques Reunidos has been the most active acquirer of individual theme parks in Europe and USA over the last ten years. The most recent transaction consisted of the acquisition of German water park Tropical Islands, the largest indoor water park in the world and the lagest single-park acquisition in Parques Reunidos’ history. The park offers a combination of water park and other leisure activities wich, in an indoor setting, allow the park to open year-round. This acquisition reinforces Parques Reunidos’ presence in the German market, where the company already owns Movie Park and Belatis, and will contribute to reduce seasonality and weather dependence for the Group.
Most Recent Acquisitions
- Weltvogelpark Walsrode, Germany (2019)
- Tropical Islands, Germany (2018)
- Wet’n’Wild Sydney, Australia (2018)
- Belantis, Germany (2018)
- Miami Seaquarium, USA (2014)
- Noah’s Ark, America’s largest water park (2012)
- Slagharen, the Netherlands (2012)
- Movie Park, Germany (2010)
- Faunia animal park, Spain (2009)
- Tusenfryd, the largest leisure park in Norway (2008)
- Sea Life Park, Hawaii (2008)
- Kennywood Group, USA (2008)
- Palace Entertainment Group (2007)
PARQUES REUNIDOS SERVICIOS CENTRALES S.A.
Paseo de la Castellana, 216. 16th floor
Phone: +34 91 526 97 00